Παρασκευή 6 Φεβρουαρίου 2015

Greek:European, East or no one?

You borrow the words of the late Melina Mercouri .. "Greek with one eye looking at the West and the other the East" ..
And if I put my memories to On, it will run in front of my pictures from my holidays in recent years in the northwestern countries of Europe. Where never able to come to terms with "soutttt ... silence ..." at 9pm. That there has never been able to understand the "superiority" of women, the lack of raw speech of men in relationships. Where I was looking for a ray of sun on my face as if it was the drug that I was missing burns day to have energy. Where they like to talk and laugh loudly and i couldn't  because everyone around me looked as uefo and when I was asked "you are from Greece ha?" And my answer was full of pride, smile and a dose of narcissism and superiority "Yes! "he left shaking his head a little ironically.
Not all .. Only those perhaps  that longing what i have  as being  Greek ..
But many awed .. cleanliness, but no one is perfect..so .., waking up without the necessity of duo coffee-cigarette. Responsibility.
But no matter how much I tried to return, I knew that I could never there!
It is as if imprisoned in a cage wildcat.
So are greeks ..
Not our fault .. it's just our DNA. Self in us centuries. This fighting with the "sign" of the European and the "dirty shirt" who "dressed us" hundreds of years our conquerors ..
We will never understand that DNA. Only those who look like us. Fighters. Optimistic. Stubborn. Givers and not takers ..

I am not a European. I'm not an  East girl .I m only Greek.
If it would be a country alone side  like a continent,that could be  Greece.
And i apologize my favorite Melina but will fix your words ...:
There has been not a Greek turned one eye in the East and the other in the West ..
We do not care very much .. our eyes are here only.
The eyes of all the other faces in Greece. It was, is and will be ..
For the reasons I always knew. For the reasons they have always wanted ...

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου